21 May 2010

Poppin' Champagne

 

141/365

Andy
Okay so it's water, champagne ain't cheap.


Austin
Andy had this idea for a super high speed, celebratory champagne photo, so it got me thinking. Initially some sort of surreal, beautiful 'moment in time' music started to come to mind, but then quickly was replaced by the simplicity of a bit of (for me, rather rare) straight up musical humor. This is also (even more rarely) a direct program piece: in high school one night I remember riding along in a car with friends, just relaxing and hanging out, holding a bottle of champagne in my lap. The movement of the car must have over-pressurized it because I remember the top spontaneously bursting and blasting off like a cannon, hitting me in the ear. It was very painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment