02 February 2011

5 OLD FRIENDS - Part 2


033/365

Austin
Part 2 of this series revisits a fairly popular old piece of mine titled "On the Seas", originally written High School but sort of re-worked multiple times subsequently. The more or less original version can be found on my album "Spirit of the Cosmos." The piece was my attempt at capturing the sort of Errol Flynn swashbuckling adventure movie sound. For this (hopefully final) return to the piece, I thought it'd be fun to write a jaunty little bassoon solo for my friend Maciej Flis with an all-percussion accompaniment.

Andy
I have an extreme love for paisley. I also like ties. Strangely, I can barely stand wearing ties. Anyway paisley is an old friend of mine. I do not care if it goes in or out of style. It's simple, but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment