10 January 2011

BIRTH OF ORIGINALITY - Part 3



010/365


Austin
This time I modified the stock loop by what I refer to as "element shifting," meaning I modified the constituent elements without changing any of the stock programmed rhythms (I also did a tiny amount of deletion, though for all intents and purposes this is exactly the same as the stock loop). The result is that different instruments are playing the rhythms of the stock loop. It's comparable to re-orchestrating a string quartet into an choral work. The fundamental music has remained, but the sound of it is different (though in this case I'd say it's like going from a wind ensemble, to a differently balanced wind ensemble, since it's not a radical shift in colors). Did I write this? I think it's somewhat debatable yesterday, but today I feel pretty strongly ....

Andy
Progress-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment