18 January 2011

FIVE STUDIES FOR ENGLISH HORN or BIRTH OF HEALTHCARE - Study 1



018/365


Austin
The correlation between these 5 works and the current healthcare debates (at least current, as of when I wrote this, and presumably for all eternity thereafter) is really only that I wrote these while the cable news pundits endlessly yammered in the background of my studio (though I admit I eventually muted them so I could actually focus). But I think the result is that there's a certain tension and anxiety in each movement, even the more plaintive ones. This movement, somewhat animated in nature, is rather simple and I think will generally speak for itself. The English Horn was performed by Tom Boyd.

Andy
I started off with the obvious here. Again in response to what Austin had written, and the way each has a very anxious feel to it. Although my photos tend to be pretty apolitical, there is an undeniable tension right now surrounding health care reform. For the rest of the series I focused on trying to convey a feeling of anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment