24 January 2011

FIVE STUDIES FOR ENGLISH HORN or BIRTH OF HEALTHCARE - Study 5



024/365


Austin
This is the final study in the piece, and certainly the most contemplative. It ends the series on a quiet, somewhat unresolved note. Maybe that's a fairly direct healthcare statement too, though I can honestly say it wasn't intended to be. By the end of composing these 5 studies, they had turned into a work of their own and no longer leaned on any political notions (as a general rule I don't typically write politically-charged music). I wrote so much music early in my life and career that almost compulsively ended with a bang that lately I've been almost obsessively writing pieces which do the opposite, and just drift away ....

Andy
All this anxiety aside, I would like to view the current health care reform possibilities as an open door. Sure that can be a little scary, but there is also opportunity. Plus I feel like 'doctor' is a decently stable career path, but it will still be interesting to watch the short and long term effects of any reform.

No comments:

Post a Comment