30 January 2011

LIVESTRONG TO INFINITY



030/365


Andy
...Advice for the newly born.


Austin
This penultimate entry for January began with Andy's photo. What I must say I reacted to most powerfully in his photo is the glossy, glassy quality of the reflection, more than the band itself. For whatever reason, that was tremendously emotionally evocative, so I sought to compose something which eloquently and simply summed it up (including the obvious association of the wrist bands to cancer research, survival and all the associated tragedies and triumphs). Apparently that resulted in this little miniature for solo piano. I spent as much of the time composing as I did configuring the reverb, and how the piano sounds in it (as an obvious analogy to the reflection in the photo).

No comments:

Post a Comment